Search This Blog

27.10.09

Maternity Jeans




I must admit maternity clothes have come a long ways since our moms were pregnant with us, so I should be grateful. I finally realized I needed to pick up some maternity jeans last week when even using a rubber band to hold my pants up, they still felt so tight I started feeling faint and ended up sick in the bathroom. I tried on the pair of maternity jeans I had picked up during my previous pregnancy and could not have felt more disgusted. They made my butt and hips look incredibly wide and droopy and were not quite long enough in the inseam (a big pet peeve) no wonder I felt so self conscious during my last pregnancy. That weekend, I took the opportunity to go shopping on my own in search of some kind of maternity jeans that did not make me look like I was wearing high-waters, or a diaper. I'll admit there was a pretty decent selection of maternity jeans that look OK on the shelf. I tried on a few pairs, but quickly grew more and more depressed with my choices. They all had the same problems, they were totally unflattering, all of them were just 1/2 inch or so too short in the inseam, I didn't like the maternity band, or the denim felt more like paper than denim. Finally I decided to try on some of the expensive designer jeans just to compare and see if all maternity jeans had to be this way. Man on man was there a difference! I tried on Citizens, Sevens and Joes and they all looked so cute...and did not scream Pregnant pants! They looked just as cute as jeans should look when you aren't pregnant. I was so excited when I could turn around to check out my rear and see that it still looked like it's supposed to. And did I mention they all have like a 34 inch inseam so length is not a problem, if you need them shortened then having them hemmed to perfection is no big deal. So, after browsing the tops and seeing what a rip off they all were, I decided I would splurge on a nice pair of jeans for my pregnancy. I'm a jeans girl so this felt like a definite must have item. And based on the current fashion, you can get the rest of your tops a stores like forever 21 for cheap since most of the tops there are long and flowy and meant to go with leggings...they make perfect tops for a pregnant woman.

I decided to go with the Joe's Jeans, they looked the best and were on sale. I am loving them and I really enjoy the new secret belly fit, it is so comfortable and does not create seams or lines like my old maternity jeans did. My piece of advice after going through this is to just find the pair of jeans you like the best, try them on a figure out what size you need, then try buying them on ebay if you aren't in a rush, you could save yourself a lot of money or get them on sale through Amazon. I've posted a link below to the same pair I just purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment